Capricorns are hardworking and driven and live by the mantra, “if you work hard enough, nothing is out of reach.”
Additionally they are grounded and stable.
To tap into the Capricorn within us, we will do some grounding poses (root chakra) and also do some more active asanas in repetitions of 10.
1. Cat/Cow – Start in table top. Hands under shoulders and knees under hips. Spreading fingers wide, and pushing into the tops of the feet. Inhale to drop the belly, lift the gaze and curl tailbone up. Exhale to round and contract. Repeat 10 times.
2. Knee Taps – Come back to neutral. Walk hands forward. Lift hips up and back to down dog. Inhale to come forward and tap knees down. Exhale up and back to down dog. Repeat 10 times.
3. Ragdoll Fold – Walk the feet forward to the top of the mat. Widen the feet towards the edges of the mat. Hanging out in ragdoll, with knees bent gently. Hold onto elbows, swaying side to side. Elongating the spine. Getting a big stretch through the backs of the legs.
4. Mountain to Bear – Come up to stand in mountain pose. Exhale, sink the hips back and down. Bringing the arms out front or to the sides. Chest parallel to the ground. Inhale to squeeze the glutes and lift up. Exhale to lower back down. Repeat 10 times.
5. Classical Sun Salutations – Standing at the top of the mat, feet hip width apart. Inhale the arms up, palms to touch. Exhale, fold forward and down. Inhale, half lift, flat back. Exhale, plant the palms and lower down through chaturunga. Inhale to back bend of cobra or upward dog. Exhale to downward dog. Hold for 1 breath. Hop or step to top of mat. Inhale to half lift, flat back. Exhale to fold. Rise up, hands to heart. Repeat 10 times.
6. Quad Stretch – Come to downward dog. Kick the right leg up, then step through between the palms. Drop the back knee down. Sinking the hips. Keep fingers down. Or bend the left knee, reaching back with right hand to clasp hold of the foot. Pushing into the big right toe.
7. Side Low Lunge – Release the foot and lift upper body. Pivot the left foot to the right edge of the mat. Turning hips and shoulders to long edge of the mat. Sink to the right into a lunge. Using right hand to push the knee open more.
Repeat 6 and 7 on the other side.
These 7 poses come from a 20 minute yoga flow as part of my zodiac series. Check it out below.