Libras are known as the mediators and the peacemakers. They keep the scales in check, evenly weighted. Thus can see both sides of any situation. Not only that, but they can zoom out and realize there are more than two sides to the story.
For a Libra focused yoga sequence, we are of course going to get into some balance challenging poses.
1. Hamstring Stretch – Lower down onto your back with legs extended out. Grab hold of the back of your right thigh or hook a strap over the ball of the foot. Keep a gentle bend in the knee. Relax arms. Flex through the foot. After a few breaths, open the right leg out to the side. If using strap switch both sides to the right hand. Pushing through left hip and left shoulder. Keep reaching out through the left leg.
2. Reclined Shoelace – Left the right leg back up. Then cross the right thigh over top of the left. Bend into the knees. Grab hold of the feet. Pulling the thighs into the belly. Keep the head and shoulders relaxed to the mat.
Repeat 1 and 2 through on the other side.
3. Tiger Variation – Come up to table top. Step the right foot back. Roll to the inner edge of the right foot. Place the right hand on the hip. Lift the right foot off the mat. If you like add the bind. Bending the right knee and reach back to grab hold with the right hand. Kicking the foot into the palm. Opening through the heart. For an extra challenge, keep bind and imagine trying to face down to the mat. Rotating the hip down, as if in a two legged table top.
4. Low Lunge – Release the bind and step the right foot to the top of the mat. Right knee over the ankle. Push into the ground to lift up. Sinking the hips down. Reaching arms overhead. Holding for a few breaths. Bring hands down and step back to downward dog.
Repeat 3 and 4 through on other side.
5. Standing Balance Twist – Step the right foot to the top of the mat. Keep the back knee lifted. Staying up on fingertips, engage strength to step forward to connect the knees at top of the mat. Hovering the left foot. With control bring one hand and then the other to heart. Then rise up to standing. Lift left knee up towards belly. Bring the right hand to the left knee and then open left arm to the side.
6. Standing Pigeon – Come back to center. Cross the left foot over the top of the right knee. Sinking the hips down and back. Reach the chest forward. Shoulders down and away from the ears. Don’t worry if you wobble or fall out.
Repeat 5 and 6 on the other side.
7. Straddle Forward Fold – Take a seat. Opening the legs out wide. Folding direct to the center. Bend the knees if you like. Round into the spine, letting gravity do the work for you. Hold for a few breaths.
These 7 poses come from a 30 minute Libra yoga practice I shared across my platforms.