If you are a more advanced practitioner, or perhaps even a fellow yoga teacher, sometimes you still want to take a class. To be instructed on what to do next. To mix up your sequences. But you just don’t want all the talking.
If you don’t need the alignment cues, but just want a new fresh sequence – give this one a try.
Hold each pose for a few breaths.
- Seated Sequence – Begin sitting cross legged. Neck release, right ear to right shoulder. Switch sides. Five rounds of seated cat/cow. Twist to right. Twist to left. Side bend to right. To left.
2. Prone Sequence – Child’s pose. Sphinx. Add a quad stretch on right leg. Switch sides. Thread the needle to right. Switch sides.
3. Kneeling Sequence – Down dog. Three legged dog, right leg rises. Step through. Low lunge with cactus arms. Half splits. Lizard pose. Vinyasa. Repeat on other side.
4. Standing Balance Sequence – Ragdoll. Mountain pose. Right legged tree pose. Chair pose. Tree pose left leg. Chair pose.
5. Wide Legged Sequence – Wide legged forward fold. Half lift. Twist to right. Twist to left. Release and rise. Goddess pose, with clasped hands reaching over head.
6. Pigeon Sequence – Step to top. Vinyasa. Pigeon pose right side. Down dog or vinyasa. Pigeon pose left side. Down dog or vinyasa.
7. Supine Sequence – Lower to back. Shoulder stand. Plow pose if appropriate. Happy baby. Reclined twist to right. Twist to left. Savasana.
This sequence comes from a 30 minute minimal cues practice on my channel and app.