Leo is a fire sign, which wants to be seen! They are magnetic, full of joy and warmth, and playful. They are ambitious and determined.
These poses will help you stoke your inner fire and tap into your Leo side.
1. Twists with Breath – Sit comfortably in a way that you can lengthen the crown up. Roll the shoulders down. Inhale and circle the arms up, bringing the palms together. Exhale, twisting to open to the right. Inhale back up and to center. Exhale, to twist to the left. Alternating back and forth several times.
2. Core Activation – Sit with the knees bent and feet flat on the floor. Exhale to roll down about halfway, hands forward. Inhale to lift up and open the arms wide. Do about 5 rounds. Then straighten the legs out and slowly lower down all the way.
3. Curl Up – Pull the right knee in to the chest. Keep the left leg straight, pushing into the heel. Relax the shoulders and close the eyes. Curl the head and shoulders up off the mat. Point through the left toes, and float the left leg off the mat. To intensify reach the arms forward. Pull the low belly down. Lower and repeat on the other side.
4. Downward Dog to Plank – Come to hands and knees, with the hands ahead of the shoulders. Tuck the toes and lift the hips up and back to down dog. Kick the right leg up and back, keeping the right hip from opening. Inhale, rippling forward to plank, tapping knee towards nose. Exhale up and back. Do 3 or so.
5. Lunge with Lion’s Breath – On the final one, look past the hand and step the right foot to the outside of the right hand. Keep the left knee up. Inhale to straighten the right leg any amount. Folding forward and curling the toes up. Exhale, bending right knee and coming back to lunge. Take lion’s breath on the exhale, sticking the tongue out. Do about 5.
6. Twist with Quad Stretch – Drop the back knee down. Circle the right arm up and back. Bending the left knee and seeing if you can clasp the foot pulling in towards the hip and glutes.
Repeat 4 through 6 on the other side.
7. Reclined Spinal Twist – Lower down on to the back. Pull the right knee in to the belly. Cross the right thigh over to the left. Use the left hand to guide it down. Open the right arm to the side. Pressing the shoulder down.
These 7 poses come from a 20 minute practice in my zodiac series. Find it on YouTube, or within my app.