Are you feeling stuck and stagnant? Whether in your body, mind, or energy. Let’s get it flowing with these 7 poses and short sequences.
No props required, but if you like please feel free to use them. A strap can be really beneficial for binds especially.
1. Tap Into Core – Lower to back with knees bent and feet hip width apart. Press the low back into the mat. Interlace the hands behind the head. Inhale to hold, exhale to lift head and shoulders off the mat. Inhale to stay, exhale to straighten and lift the right leg. Hold for one round of breath, then lower. Repeat on the other side. Bring the right knee into the chest, extending the left leg out. Curl the head, neck and chest, push lower back into the floor. Lift the left leg off the floor. Maybe releasing the hands to reach forward or up overhead. Repeat on the other side.
2. Seated – Come to sit. Bend the left knee and cross the foot over to the outside of the right thigh. Push into the big toe. Hugging the left knee in as you lift and lengthen through the spine. Reach the right hand up as you maintain the length. Then hook the right elbow over the left thigh. Walk the left hand behind, twisting deeper. Keep drawing the belly button in and up.
3. Bind – Step the left foot inside of the right leg. Reach the left arm in front of the left shin. See what it feels like to bring the arms out to the sides. Then if accessible, bend into the elbows and reach back behind you. Seeing if you can clasp the hands together.
Repeat 2 and 3 on the other side.
4. Table Top – Come to hands and knees, with a neutral table top. Bring the right hand to the back of the head. Stay strong through the left shoulder. Inhale to lift the elbow up, then exhale it back parallel to the ground. Repeat a few times. Then thread the needle, reaching the left hand through and lowering right shoulder and ear to the ground. Reach left hand forward. Option to extend the left leg back and up for a balancing pose. Pointing through the toes.
Repeat on the other side.
5. Half Bow Half Locust – Lower to the belly, extending the legs back behind you. Reach the left arm forward and palm facing in. Keep the back of the neck long and looking down. Bend the right knee and grab hold of the foot with the right hand. Kick the right foot into the palm and lift up. Then maybe lift the left hand and left foot. Leaving only the belly touching the mat.
Repeat other side.
6. Tiger Pose – Lift up to hands and knees. Kick the right leg up and back, Stay here or reach the left hand back to clasp the foot. Pull and lift up. Keep the right leg lifted as you bring the left hand back down. Straighten and square the right leg. Pivot and roll onto the left hand and left leg. Reach the right arm up. Bend the right knee and reach the right hand back to grab the ankle. Kick the foot into the palm.
Repeat on the other side.
7. Straddle – Come to a seat, extending the legs out wide. Slide the right hand down the right leg. Reach the left arm up and over. Pulling the shoulder back. Relax the head and neck. Repeat other side. Then fold down, head to knee. Letting the spine round. Repeat other side.
These 7 poses come from a full hour long intermediate practice on my channel and within my app. For more fun poses and transitions check it out below.