If you like to start your day slow and with minimal effort, I highly recommend moving through a few floor based poses right off the hop.
These 7 poses are all done laying or seated. Just leave your mat rolled out near the bed and practice in your pjs.
1. Leg Stretch – Lay down on your back, with legs extended out. Hug the right knee in towards your belly. Flex the left foot, pressing into the heel. Maybe rocking a bit side to side.
2. Reclined Twist – Bring the left hand onto the right knee. Carry it across the body towards the left side. Open the right arm out to the side, pressing the shoulder down. Stack the hips.
Return to center and repeat on other side.
3. Happy Baby – Hug both knees in, taking them wide towards the armpits. Clasp big toes with two peace fingers. Stack the ankles over the knees. Use the elbows to push the knees wider. Sway side to side.
4. Cat/Cow – Rock up to table top, with hands under shoulders and knees under hips. Inhale to drop the belly, lift the gaze and curl tailbone up. Exhale to push the floor away, rounding and contracting. Flow through several rounds with the breath.
5. Calf Stretch – Extend the right leg back behind you, keeping the toes grounded and hip wrapping down. Push back into the right heel to feel a stretch up the back of the leg. Keep the low belly engaged, to avoid dumping in the low back. Repeat with other leg.
6. Side Bend – Take a seat. Extend the right leg out, bringing the left foot inside the right thigh. Move the knees away from one another. Reach the left arm up and over. Rolling the top shoulder back.
7. Baby Wild Thing – Lift up to seated. Bring the left hand back behind you. Reach the right arm up and over. Lift the hips up for this counter stretch.
These poses come from a 10 minute morning yoga practice on my channel and app. Check it out below.