If you are looking for a flow to push your practice a little bit, and focus on flexibility, this is a great little sequence.
These 7 poses will work the shoulders, spine, hips, and back of legs. Hold each one for 5 or so deep breaths.
1. Toe Squat – Start kneeling. Tuck the toes and sit back on the heels. Open the arms out in cactus shape. Loop the right arm under the left, binding once or twice. Press the shoulders down and away. Move hands away. Tuck the chin to the chest. Repeat with the opposite cross.
2. Calf Stretch – Come to hands and knees. Step the right foot back behind you, pushing into the right heel stretching calf and ankle. Hold for a few breaths. Then step the right foot across to the left. Push into the right hip, and look back to the foot getting a side body stretch.
3. Lizard Pose – Step right foot to top of mat, outside of the right hand. Stacking right knee over right ankle. Relax the shoulder blades down. Let the hips get heavy.
4. Half Shoelace – Sit back with the left leg extended out. Cross right leg over, with knee bent and foot drawing in towards outside of hip. Stay up or fold forward. Make it passive, letting the spine round and resting arms down.
Repeat 2 through 4 on the other side.
5. Warrior 2/Triangle – From downward dog, step the right foot between the palms. Spin the back foot parallel to short edge of mat. Push into feet to lift up, opening the arms out with palms facing down. Squeeze the right knee open. Straighten the front leg, bring left arm down and reach right one up and over. Then carry length forward, bringing right hand down and reaching left one up.
6. Standing Splits Variation – Circle the left hand down. Keep hips squared as you kick left leg up. Focusing on stretching the standing leg rather than the elevated.
Repeat 5 and 6 on other side.
7. Lying Chest Opener – Come down on the belly. Reach your right arm out to the side, with elbow a bit higher than shoulder and palm flat on the floor. Roll onto the right hip, right shoulder and right ear. The left hand can stay pressing into the floor or come to your back. You might also step the left foot back. Repeat to the other side.
These 7 poses come from a 30 minute intermediate yoga flow I uploaded to my channel and app. Check it out below.