Do you struggle with insomnia? Or spend too much time tossing and turning before falling asleep? Taking time to do some Yin in bed, will save you time in the long run.
Get your pyjamas on, do your evening routine and finish it up with this relaxing practice. Releasing pain and tension from the body with this practice will help you fall asleep faster!
Hold each pose for about 2 minutes.
1. Dragon Pose – From kneeling, step your right foot forward. Knee over ankle. Bring elbows inside of the right leg. Fold down to the forearms, onto some pillows, or stay up on hands. After 2 minutes slowly ease out and repeat on the other side.
2. Wide-Legged Child’s Pose – Bring the big toes together and take the knees as wide as comfortable. Sink your hips to heels. Walk the hands out, folding down. Either to the palms or turning to one ear (switching halfway).
3. Straddle Fold – Come to a seat. Open the legs as wide as comfortable. Fold directly forward. Stack the fists, melt into pillows, or just let gravity pull you towards the mattress. Let your spine naturally round.
4. Laying Spinal Twist – Lower onto your back. Pull your right knee into the belly, and across to the left. Open right arm out to the side. Push the shoulder down. Straighten the right leg if you want to intensify, sliding left hand down. Gaze straight up and close eyes, or turn and look over right shoulder. Switch sides.
5. Savasana – Crawl under the covers. Take up some space, with legs extended and arms down at sides. Give yourself time to process. Relax from head to toe. Drift off to bed here.