Looking to test your balance and work on stability? You’ve come to the right place! Try this 7 pose sequence leading up to a fun balance transition.
These 7 poses come from a 35 minute Feel Good Flow on my YouTube channel.
1. Spine Warm Up – Start sitting cross-legged. Bring the left hand to right knee. Then reach right hand up and over. Let the head dangle. Lift up. Keep left hand where it is, bring right fingers behind and open chest to the right in a twist. Repeat to the other side.
2. Deer Pose – Set right shin up parallel to the front edge of the mat, with hips facing forward. Bring the left shin back in line with long edge of mat. Walk hands back in a diagonal. Press and rotate the left hip down. Hold for about 5 breaths. Then fold straight forward and hold another 5 breaths.
3. Plank – Come to down dog. Lift the heels and ripple forward to plank with shoulders over wrists. Tap the right knee to the right elbow. Step back to down dog. Alternate sides. Repeat this a few times.
4. Modified Side Plank Bind – From plank, drop the right knee to the floor. Roll to the inner edge of the left foot. Lean on the right hand, reaching left arm up. Lift your left leg up to hip height. Stay here or take a bind, bending the left knee and clasping foot with left hand. Keep the foot and knee at hip height. Pushing into palm as you arch back.
5. Open Twist to Warrior – Step the left foot to the outside of the left hand. Spin the right foot parallel to the short edge of the mat in Warrior 2 legs. Keep the left hand grounded and reach the right arm up to the sky. Pushing left shoulder into left knee and vice versa. Push into feet and lift up to Warrior, keeping generous bend in front knee.
Repeat 4 and 5 through on other side.
6. Warrior 3 to Dancer’s – From down dog, step the right foot between the hands. Push into the feet to lift to high lunge. Kick off and lift the left leg up. Coming at most parallel to the ground. Bend the left knee and kick the heel up in a hamstring stretch. See if you can clasp hold of the foot with left hand. Push foot into hand and lift the chest up into Dancer’s Pose. Take a vinyasa and repeat on other side.
7. Straddle – Come back to seated, extending the legs out to the side. Reach the left arm up and over. Maybe holding the toes. Reaching the right arm under, maybe clasping left thigh. Push left shoulder back and gaze up. Lift up, turn and fold towards the right leg. Repeat other side.
Check out the full video practice below.