It’s true what they say, a lot of emotion and stress resides in the hips. To get a good night’s sleep, why not try relaxing this area before sliding between the sheets.
Try this 5 pose sequence before you get into bed tonight. Once completing it on one side, switch and do it over on the other.
- Seated Pigeon – Start seated with your knees bent and feet flat. Bring your hands behind you for support. Cross your right ankle over the left knee. Control the depth by bringing your foot in towards you. Push hands into the floor, roll the shoulders back, and lift the chest. Maybe rock gently side to side here.
2. Square Pose – Stack the right shin over the left one (right ankle over left knee, right knee over left ankle). Or if it is too much, you can bring the right shin in front of the left one. Stay up tall pr walk the hands forward and fold down. There is no need to go past your edge.
3. Deer Pose – Bring the right leg back behind you so the right knee aligns with the right hip. Bring the right shin parallel to the long edge of the mat. Push into the right hip. Lean back in diagonal. Try not to tense the shoulder, neck and jaw.
4. Side Bend – Extend the right leg out to the side. Bring the left foot to the inside of the right thigh. Reach your left arm up and over. Keep rolling the left shoulder back, elongating the waist.
5. Forward Fold – Rotate to frame the right leg and fold down. Support the head or let it dangle.
Start over from Seated Pigeon, with the left leg crossed over.
These poses make up day 29 of 30 in the Evening Yoga challenge. Check out the class below, or begin the challenge from the beginning HERE.