The third chakra, Solar Plexus, is located in the abdomen and relates to your self-esteem and confidence.Finding an equilibrium in each chakra is a great way to ensure you are neither under or over active in this area.
These 7 poses will have you compressing and decompressing this area to find balance in your solar plexus.
- Bananasana – Start laying down on your back. Bring your hips to the right. Then walk the ankles over to the left, possibly crossing right ankle over left. Reach the arms up overhead, maybe grabbing opposite elbows. Push the right hip and shoulder down, so the front body remains facing up, getting a nice side body stretch. After holding for a couple of minutes, ease to other side.
2. Bridge – Laying with spine straight, bend the knees and walk the feet in close. Roll the shoulders away from the ears. Press into the heels to lift the hips up. Reaching the knees away to find length. Hug in through the inner thighs. Push into the big toes to keep legs from opening out. Hold for several breaths before slowly lowering down.
3. Crunches – Extend the legs out, pointing through the toes. Bring the hands back behind the head, interlacing the fingers at the base of the skull. Curl up to center, trying to lift both shoulder blades off the floor. Lift your right leg off the mat, keep pointing through the toes as you hold. Lower, then alternate sides.
4. Seated Twist – Come to a seat, with right leg extended. Bend the left knee, crossing the foot over the right thigh. Hug the leg with the right arm. Bring the left fingers back behind you. Open the chest to the left side. Keep length in the spine. Release and switch sides.
5. Two-Legged Table – Find a neutral table top, with shoulders over wrists and hips over knees. Keep abdominals engaged, and flat back. Extend and lift the left leg back behind you. Keep the hip rolling down. Lean on the right side, and extend the left arm forward. Keep as much as possible facing down. After several breaths, open up the hip and reach the left hand up to the sky. Repeat on other side.
6. Dolphin – Bring the forearms to the mat, with elbows shoulder width apart. Plant the palms. Tuck the toes and lift the hips up and back. Maybe walk the feet in closer. Heels can be lifted. Keep the crown off the mat.
7. Side Plank with Tree Pose Variation – Step the left foot forward, with the right foot back. Bring the right hand outside of the left foot. Reach the left hand up to the sky. Step the left foot back, maybe bringing it on to the right thigh. Extend the left arm up and over. Push into the right foot to lift the hips higher. Repeat on other side.
These 7 poses come from a full 45 minute Vinyasa flow practice on my channel. Check it out below.