😍 ONLINE YIN YOGA TEACHER TRAINING 😍 Get certified to teach! ❤️http://bit.ly/yinyttinfo
The old adage, a little bit goes a long way, is so true when it comes to moving and stretching the body.
This sequence is designed to help you feel your best! It is equal parts strength and stretch. Do it in the morning to help you feel energized for the day ahead.
Try the 7 poses outlined below to kickstart your day the right way.
1. Sphinx – Lay down on your belly, with the forearms down on the mat, elbows under the shoulders. Roll the shoulders back. Take the feet about as wide as the mat, with the toes untucked. Open up, shining the heart forward.
2. Laying Chest Opener – Lower down. Extend the right arm out to the side, with the elbow bent roughly at 90 degrees. Roll onto the right shoulder, right ear, right hip. Stack the legs, or bend the knees if you prefer. Push the left hand into the floor. Breathe into the right shoulder as it opens up. Hold for about 5 breaths or so. Roll back to center. Then repeat on the other side.
3. Child’s Pose Variation – Come to table top, lifting up on to the fingertips. Press and stretch out through the arms. Sink the hips back towards the heels, they likely won’t come down all the way. Focus on finding length through the upper body.
4. IT Band Stretch – Come to stand at the front of your mat. Bend deeply in to the knees as you fold forward, bringing the fingertips down. Cross the right foot behind the left. Walk your hands toward the left side of your mat. Try to maybe straighten the right leg, keeping the right knee bent. Return to center, then repeat to the right.
5. Bear Pose – With feet a bit wider than hip width, bend deep into the knees. Bring the chest, belly and thighs roughly parallel to the ground. Keep the fingers down to the mat, or extend the arms forward with biceps hugging the ears. Try to hold this one for 5 breaths or so. Then fold forward and release.
6. Side Lunge – Turn towards the wide edge of your mat. Take the feet wide. Turn the left toes forward. Bend into your left knee, sinking the hips. Bring the hands to the hips. Start to fold forward to the center. Bring the fingers down to the mat. Or bring the left hand to the thigh and push into the knee. Hold for a few breaths. Straighten the left leg and take a forward fold. Repeat to the other side.
7. Straddle Fold – Come down to sit, extending the legs out wide. Fold forward into the center. Make this passive, not worrying how far you go. Instead let gravity draw you down.
Want more of these 10 minute morning yoga practices? Want to commit to 30 days in a row? Join the Morning Movement Challenge here!
These 6 poses come from day 20 of the Morning Yoga Challenge. Practice with me in the video below.
☮ Website: http://www.yogawithkassandra.com
☮ Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/kryoga
☮ Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/yoga_with_k…
Yoga with Kassandra – Disclaimer Please consult with your physician before beginning any exercise program. By participating in this exercise or exercise program, you agree that you do so at your own risk, are voluntarily participating in these activities, assume all risk of injury to yourself, and agree to release and discharge Yoga with Kassandra from any and all claims or causes of action, known or unknown, arising out of Yoga with Kassandra’s negligence.