? ONLINE YIN YOGA TEACHER TRAINING ? Get certified to teach! ❤️http://bit.ly/yinyttinfo
If you want a bit more flexibility and mobility in your body, this class is a great solution.
Do the 7 poses outlined below to feel really good as you wake up and get ready for the day ahead.
I hope you enjoy this flexibility focused flow. Have a set of blocks ready to kick off this class.
1. Supported Fish – Come to a seat. Set up the blocks, with one vertically to support the upper back and the other horizontally to support the head. Lower down gently onto the blocks. Readjusting the blocks as needed. Either extend the legs, keep the knees bent, or drop them out to the side for a hip opener. Let the arms rest down, palms up, melting shoulder blades over the block. Open the heart here, taking several rounds of breath as you hold here. After a moment, push into the forearms to lift off the blocks and slide them to the side.
2. Supine Spinal Twist – Lower flat on the back. Keep the left leg extended out, as you hug the right knee in. Cross the right knee over to the left side, guiding it with the left hand. Reach the right arm out to the side, keeping the right shoulder down and collarbone square to the ceiling. Stay here, or to take it further straighten the right leg out and slide hand to the calf. After holding for the desired time, bend the knee and roll back to center. Switch sides.
3. Shakti Waves – Come to downward facing dog. Paddling the feet out a few times. Lift your heels up as high as you can. Inhale to ripple all the way forward to plank. Bend the knees, rippling back to downward dog. Make this intuitive, doing what feels good. Take a few rounds like this.
4. Sphinx – Lower down on to your belly. Slide the forearms out in front of you. Bring the left forearm to a 45 degree angle. Bend the right knee, kicking heel towards the glute. Stay here or reach the right hand back to clasp the foot. Push the pubic bone down into the mat. Lift the heart forward. Release and repeat on the other side.
5. Lunge Forward Fold – Return to down dog, kick the right leg up to the sky, then step it through to the top of the mat. Press into the feet to lift up into high lunge, keeping the left toes tucked and heel lifted. Roll the shoulders back, finding length as you inhale. Exhale to fold down inside of the front thigh. Maybe lifting the hands off of the back and reaching them up towards the ceiling.
6. Easy Twist – Release the fingers down to the inside of the right foot. Heel toe the foot to the outer edge of the mat. Keep the left palm down, as you extend the right arm forward, bicep hugging the ear. Open up the chest to the right, reaching the fingers towards the sky.
7. Pigeon Pose – Bring the right knee down behind the right wrist. Extend the left leg back, with the knee down. Keep the hips square. Inhale up on the fingertips, opening the chest. Exhale to fold down. Repeat this ripple for a few rounds. Then fold down, taking about 5 breaths here.
Lift up, step to down dog, and repeat 5-7 on the other side.
Want more of these 10 minute morning yoga practices? Want to commit to 30 days in a row? Join the Morning Movement Challenge here!
These 6 poses come from day 21 of the Morning Yoga Challenge. Practice with me in the video below.
☮ Website: http://www.yogawithkassandra.com
☮ Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/kryoga
☮ Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/yoga_with_k…
Yoga with Kassandra – Disclaimer Please consult with your physician before beginning any exercise program. By participating in this exercise or exercise program, you agree that you do so at your own risk, are voluntarily participating in these activities, assume all risk of injury to yourself, and agree to release and discharge Yoga with Kassandra from any and all claims or causes of action, known or unknown, arising out of Yoga with Kassandra’s negligence.