? ONLINE YIN YOGA TEACHER TRAINING ? Get certified to teach! ❤️http://bit.ly/yinyttinfo
Taking ten minutes to stretch on your mat each and every morning can go a long way to improving flexibility throughout your body.
The 7 poses outlined below will help you to stretch and wake up the entire body, focusing on different areas – starting with the inner groin and thigh.
Give this a go this morning and let me know how you feel at the end.
1. Wide-Legged Child’s Pose – Start kneeling, bringing the big toes together and the knees as wide as comfortable (this may be narrower first thing in the morning). Sink the hips down to the heels. Walk your hands forward and melt your forehead down to the mat. Relax the shoulders down away from the ears. Take several deep breaths here, relaxing in to the pose.
2. Hip Circles – Lift up to table top, hips over knees and shoulders over wrists. Keep the elbows straight. Kick the right knee up. Isolating the right hip, make big circles with the right knee. Squeeze into the glutes. Try to keep the weight evenly distributed, and not tilting to the left.
3. Low Lunge – Step the right foot to the front of the mat, between the hands. Stack the right knee over the right ankle, as you melt the hips down and forward. Come up to the fingertips, lifting the chest, and rolling the shoulders away from the ears.
4. Warrior 2 – Tuck the back toes under and lift the left knee. Spin the toes out and heel down, bringing the foot parallel to the shorter edge of the mat. Push into the feet to rise up. Bend into the right knee, sinking the hips down, and squeezing the knee open. Extend the arms front to back. Then reverse your Warrior for a big side body stretch. Flip the palms up, reach the right hand up and left hand down to the back leg. Return to Warrior 2.
5. Triangle – Straighten the front leg. Maybe walk the left leg in a few inches. Tilt the hips back. Flip the palms up, reach your right arm forward, then drop it down. Rise the left arm up, rolling the left shoulder back. Expand in all directions.
Take a vinyasa, or go straight to table top. Repeat 2-5 on the other side.
6. Half Moon – Return to Warrior 2, with the right leg forward and left leg back. Bring the right arm to the right thigh. Reach your left arm up and over in Extended Side Angle. Bring the left hand down to the hip. Bring your foot in a couple of inches. Lower the right hand down to the floor about a foot in front of you. Kick the left foot up, keeping the toes pointing to the side. Extend the left arm up to the sky, stacking the shoulders one over the other. Repeat on the other side.
7. Shoelace – Lower down to a seat. Cross the right knee over the left. Bring the heels in close to the sit bones. Stay here or fold down. Hold for 3-5 breaths here. Lift up, unravel the legs, then repeat on the other side.
Want more of these 10 minute morning yoga practices? Want to commit to 30 days in a row? Join the Morning Movement Challenge here!
These 7 poses come from day 18 of the Morning Yoga Challenge. Practice with me in the video below.
☮ Website: http://www.yogawithkassandra.com
☮ Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/kryoga
☮ Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/yoga_with_k…
Yoga with Kassandra – Disclaimer Please consult with your physician before beginning any exercise program. By participating in this exercise or exercise program, you agree that you do so at your own risk, are voluntarily participating in these activities, assume all risk of injury to yourself, and agree to release and discharge Yoga with Kassandra from any and all claims or causes of action, known or unknown, arising out of Yoga with Kassandra’s negligence.