? ONLINE YIN YOGA TEACHER TRAINING ? Get certified to teach! ❤️http://bit.ly/yinyttinfo
If you want to feel really good this morning, try these stretches to wake up as your best self.
The following poses are all about flexibility and mobility. Take about 10 minutes to give them a try today.
Have one block hand for the first pose.
1. Supported Bridge – Lay down on your back, bending the knees. Press into the heels to lift the hips up. Slide a block underneath the hips and lower down onto it. Let your hands rest on the belly or down at the sides. Hold for a moment or two. When ready to come out, press into the feet, lift the hips and slide the block out.
2. Core – Place the block between the upper inner thighs. Lift your knees over your hips and the shins parallel to the floor. Push your low back into the floor, so there is no gap. If the knees move forward, realign them over the hips. Extend the arms out to the sides, palms facing down. Exhale, squeeze the block, and lower the legs to the right about half way. Pushing into the left shoulder as you twist. Inhale up. Exhale, repeat to the left. Move side to side for a few rounds, working the obliques.
3. Eagle Crunch – Wrap your right leg over the left. Maybe bringing the toes behind the shin. Wrap the right arm under the left. Exhale, curl up, contracting and tapping elbows to knees. Inhale, to extend out without lowering down. Take a few rounds. Release and unwind. Take the opposite bind.
4. Toe Balance – Stand at the front of the mat, bringing the big toes together and the heels about an inch apart. Bend the knees to sink into chair, reaching the arms up. Bring the weight into the heels. Sweep the arms down at the sides and rock the weight forward into the balls of your feet. Lift the heels up as high as you can. Hug the inner ankles in. Find something to gaze at that’s not moving in front of you.
5. Side Plank – Fold down, planting the palms. Step the feet back into plank. Drop the right knee down to the floor. Roll to the inner edge of the left foot. Stretch the left arm up to the sky. Stay here, or lift the left foot up. Flex into the foot, kicking the heel away.
6. Plank Lift – Lower the left toes and left hand down. Push into the left toes and both palms, to pick the right knee up. Contracting the spine, trying to tap nose to knee.
7. Eagle – Kick the right leg back as you lift up to three legged dog. Then step the right foot to the front of the mat. Push into the feet to lift up to high lunge. Reach the arms in front of you, crossing left elbow under the right one. Binding the arms once or twice. Step the left foot forward, crossing left thigh over the right. Maybe tucking the toes behind the shin. Bend into the knees and sink the hips down.
These 7 poses come from Day 22 of my 30 day Morning Yoga Movement challenge. If you want to start with yoga every morning for 30 days, sign up here.
Or practice along with this video by clicking play below.
☮ Website: http://www.yogawithkassandra.com
☮ Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/kryoga
☮ Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/yoga_with_k…
Yoga with Kassandra – Disclaimer Please consult with your physician before beginning any exercise program. By participating in this exercise or exercise program, you agree that you do so at your own risk, are voluntarily participating in these activities, assume all risk of injury to yourself, and agree to release and discharge Yoga with Kassandra from any and all claims or causes of action, known or unknown, arising out of Yoga with Kassandra’s negligence.