😍 ONLINE YIN YOGA TEACHER TRAINING 😍 Get certified to teach! ❤️http://bit.ly/yinyttinfo
A lot of us these days are so rush, rush, rush – we could all use a little reminder to slow it down! These moves will do just that.
Longer holds of these poses, will give you a deep stretch and help you to gain mobility and flexibility. Hold each pose for about 5 breaths.
The following asanas have an emphasis on low body (hip, hamstrings and legs), but also get in to the shoulders and spine with twists and binds.
1. Reclined – Start laying down on your back. Pull the right knee in to the chest. Come in to Half Happy Baby, with the right elbow inside the right knee. Clasp hold of the right foot, stacking ankle over knee. Take to Reclined Pigeon, crossing right ankle over the left knee. Reach through with the arms and draw the legs in closer to you. Keep head and shoulders down. Extend your right leg up to the sky, and the left leg out in front. Flex and point your toes a few times. Holding on to the right leg, curl your head and shoulders up off the mat, crawling hands up the leg. Bend your knee and guide to the left side with the left hand, for a Twist. Extending the right arm out to the side. Repeat through on the second side.
2. Table Top – Come to table top. Keeping the hips over the knees, walk your hands forward. Melting the chest and head to the mat. Relax your belly, but try not to curve too much in your low back. Focus on opening up your chest and shoulders. Walk back to table top, taking a few rounds of cat/cow. Return to neutral. Lift the right knee up and out, making some big circles with the right hip. Keep the arms straight.
3. Lizard Pose – From your table top position, step the right foot to the outside of the right hand. Keep the knee stacked over the ankle. Walk your hands off the mat to the left side, moving away from the front knee. Lower down on to the forearms. Let your hips melt down. After your desired hold, return hands to inside the foot. Tuck the back toes and lift the knee off of the mat. Keep the left hand down, and extend the right arm up to the sky. Opening the chest in an Easy Twist.
4. Shakti Waves – Take a downward dog. Inhale, lifting the heels up high. Then ripple forward in to a modified upward dog, with the toes tucked under. Lifting the chest up. Exhale, rippling back to downward dog. Repeat this through a few times.
Repeat 2 through 4 on the other side.
5. Warrior Bind – From downward dog, kick the right foot up and then step it to the front of the mat. Spin the back heel down and bring foot parallel to the shorter edge of the mat. Open up the arms, front to back. Bring the right forearm on to the front thigh and the left arm overhead. Stay here, or take in to a bind, bringing the left hand back behind you, and the right hand underneath the front thigh. Roll the left shoulder back. Release the grip.
6. Quad Stretch – Lower the left knee down to the mat, melting hips down and forward. Bend the left knee and kick the foot up. Reach your right hand back to clasp the foot and pull the heel in towards you. Step back to a Child’s Pose.
Repeat 5 and 6 through on the other side.
7. Saddle – Take a seat, opening the legs as wide as appropriate. Open your arms wide as well. Feel length in your sides as you shift left to right a few times. Bring your right hand down to the inside of the shin, and reach the left hand up and over for a side body stretch. After about 5 breaths, roll the left shoulder down and fold towards the right leg. Repeat to the other side.
Looking for a full 30 minute guided class like this? Check out the video below.
Yoga with Kassandra – Disclaimer
Please consult with your physician before beginning any exercise program. By participating in this exercise or exercise program, you agree that you do so at your own risk, are voluntarily participating in these activities, assume all risk of injury to yourself, and agree to release and discharge Yoga with Kassandra from any and all claims or causes of action, known or unknown, arising out of Yoga with Kassandra’s negligence.