😍 ONLINE YIN YOGA TEACHER TRAINING 😍 Get certified to teach! ❤️http://bit.ly/yinyttinfo
Need some help waking up on the right side of the bed? Let yoga help you set the tone for the day ahead with just 10 minutes on your mat.
These 7 poses will get in to all areas of the body. They will also get in to the fascia, and help to remove the fuzz accumulated over night.
1. Puppy Pose – Start in table top, with the hips over the knees. Walk your hands forward and let the head and heart melt to the floor. Relax the arms, and drop the shoulders down.
2. Child’s Pose – Bring the big toes together and take the knees as wide as feels good. The wider the knees, the more sensation and stretch through the hips. Press the hips back towards the heels. Relax and soften the belly down.
3. Downward Dog – Bring the hands shoulder width distance apart, and feet hip width apart. Tuck the toes and lift the hips up and back. Bend deeply into the left knee. Pushing in to the right heel. Getting a stretch through the back of the leg. Keep the arms straight. Reach the chest towards the thigh. Alternate legs. Then find a neutral down dog, heels may not touch the floor.
4. Side Plank – Kick your right leg up to the sky, bending your knee and opening up your hip. Step your right foot forward but a few inches behind your right wrist. Roll over to the left, onto the outer edges of the feet. All toes pointing to the right edge of your mat. Push in to your left hand, reaching the right arm up and over. Engaging the obliques. Then let the left hip drop down, reaching the right arm back for a nice side body stretch. Return to down dog, and repeat on the other side.
5. Squat – Turn your heels in and toes out. Bend the knees and lower the hips into a squat. Use your elbows to push the knees wider. Roll your shoulders back and find lots of length.
6. Seated Twist – From seated, cross the right foot over the left thigh. Keep both of your sit bones anchored to the floor. Hug the thigh close with your left arm. Bring your fingertips back behind you. Open and look back over your shoulder. Lift and lengthen as much as you can, avoiding rounding and contracting the spine. Repeat on the other side.
7. Side Bend – Come to a seat, curl the toes under and let your hips sit on your heels. Stretching the bottoms of the feet. Reach the hands up to the sky, interlacing the fingers and pressing the palms up. Inhale to find length. Exhale, taking it in to a side bend to the left. Press in to the opposite hip. Inhale back to center. Then take it to the other side. Release hands and interlace fingers behind the back. Roll your shoulders back and press the fingers down as you lift chest up coming in to a back bend.
Prefer to be guided through the poses without thinking? Check out the 10 minute practice below.
Yoga with Kassandra – Disclaimer
Please consult with your physician before beginning any exercise program. By participating in this exercise or exercise program, you agree that you do so at your own risk, are voluntarily participating in these activities, assume all risk of injury to yourself, and agree to release and discharge Yoga with Kassandra from any and all claims or causes of action, known or unknown, arising out of Yoga with Kassandra’s negligence.