? ONLINE YIN YOGA TEACHER TRAINING ? Get certified to teach! ❤️http://bit.ly/yinyttinfo
So you have gotten home at the end of the day. You’re all stressed out and tense from the day. Put it behind you, and unwind with some time on your mat.
These 7 poses will take you about 10 minutes, and will be well worth it as they help you to ease in to a good night’s sleep.
1. Wide-Legged Child’s Pose – Start kneeling, bringing the big toes together and taking the knees as wide as comfortable. Sink the hips back towards the heels. Relax your upper body down to the floor. Melt the shoulders down the back. Slow down your exhales – counting to 4 as you inhale, and between 6-8 as you exhale. Hold here for about 2 minutes.
2. Cat/Cow – Come to table top position, with the hands under the shoulders and the knees under the hips. As you inhale, drop the belly, curling the tailbone and gaze up. Exhale, rounding and contracting the spine, letting the tailbone and head be heavy. Take 5-10 rounds.
3. Passive Forward Fold – Sit down, extending the legs out. Bend the knees as much as needed. Start to round in to the back as you fold towards the leg. Don’t push or pull here, or worry about how far you go. Relax the head, neck, and arms. Hold for a couple of minutes here.
4. Laying Spinal Twist – Lay down on your back, drawing the right knee into the belly. Extend the left leg out straight. Using your left hand, cross the right knee over the body towards the left side. Keep the right shoulder pressing down, opening the arm out to the side. Return to center.
5. Reclined Pigeon – Bend your left knee, cross the right ankle over the top and drop the knee out to the side. Hold here, or reach through with the arms and draw the legs in towards you. Keep heavy here and use little muscular effort.
Repeat 4 and 5 on the other side.
6. Legs Up the Wall – Slide over near the wall, leaving 6-12 inches. Lift the legs up the wall, as you lay down on your back. Extend the arms up overhead for a gentle stretch, opening through the shoulders and chest. Hold this gentle inversion for a few minutes, giving the feet and legs an opportunity to relax.
Prefer to be guided through the evening practice without thinking? Check out the video below.
Please do subscribe to my YouTube channel
☮ Website: http://www.yogawithkassandra.com
☮ Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/kryoga
☮ Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/yoga_with_k…
Yoga with Kassandra – Disclaimer
Please consult with your physician before beginning any exercise program. By participating in this exercise or exercise program, you agree that you do so at your own risk, are voluntarily participating in these activities, assume all risk of injury to yourself, and agree to release and discharge Yoga with Kassandra from any and all claims or causes of action, known or unknown, arising out of Yoga with Kassandra’s negligence.