? ONLINE YIN YOGA TEACHER TRAINING ? Get certified to teach! ❤️http://bit.ly/yinyttinfo
Are you waking up tense this morning? Maybe feeling like you’re carrying the weight of the world on your shoulders? Or maybe feeling like you haven’t been able to get in enough movement these days? Why not try rolling out your mat and getting in to these 7 yoga poses!
1. Thread the Needle – Come to hands and knees. Reach the right arm up to the sky. As you exhale, thread the right arm behind the left hand, coming on to your right ear and right shoulder. You may want to deepen the stretch by extending the left arm out overhead. Push in to both arms, as you broaden through the shoulder blades and upper back. Repeat on the other side.
2. Rag Doll Fold – Come to downward dog, then walk to the front of your mat. Take the feet quite wide, and bend generously in to the knees. Let your upper body rest over the thighs. Clasp hold of opposite elbows and maybe sway side to side. After a moment here, release the fingers down, bend the knees and roll up to standing inch by inch.
3. Warrior 2 – From standing, take a big step back with the left foot. Spin the heel in and toes out. Open up through the arms. Bend deeply into the front knee. Squeezing it open, keeping knee over ankle.
4. Side Body Stretch – Reverse the Warrior, lowering the left hand down and reaching your right arm up and over. Keeping the upper body as is, begin to straighten the front leg. Getting a stretch from fingers to toes on this right side.
5. Easy Twist – Bend in to the right knee, tuck the left toes underneath. Lower the left hand down inside of the right foot, then open the right hand up to the sky. Opening the chest to the right as you draw the top shoulder back.
6. Quad Stretch – Lower the left knee to the mat. Bend the back knee, kicking the left foot up. Reach the right arm back, to clasp the foot with the hand. Melt the hips forward and down. After holding for a few breaths, release the foot gently.
Take a downward dog or vinyasa, then repeat 2 through 6 on the other side.
7. Wide-Legged Child’s Pose – From kneeling, bring the big toes together and take the knees as wide as comfortable. Walk the hands forward and fold down, bringing the forehead to the mat (or a block or cushion if more accessible). Take several deep breaths here as you release and soften in to the pose.
Prefer to be gently guided through the poses and set all your worries aside? Check out the 10 minute practice below.
Please do subscribe to my YouTube channel
☮ Website: http://www.yogawithkassandra.com
☮ Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/kryoga
☮ Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/yoga_with_k…
Yoga with Kassandra – Disclaimer
Please consult with your physician before beginning any exercise program. By participating in this exercise or exercise program, you agree that you do so at your own risk, are voluntarily participating in these activities, assume all risk of injury to yourself, and agree to release and discharge Yoga with Kassandra from any and all claims or causes of action, known or unknown, arising out of Yoga with Kassandra’s negligence.