? ONLINE YIN YOGA TEACHER TRAINING ? Get certified to teach! ❤️http://bit.ly/yinyttinfo
Whether you are working with a wrist injury, or just in need of giving your hands a break (maybe you’re doing too much typing or scrolling) these poses are just the thing.
There is no weight bearing in the hands for any of these 6 poses. No props are required for this short practice either.
1. Seated Warm Up – Start seated in any way that is comfortable. Relax your shoulders down. Start making some half circles with your neck – drop the right ear to the shoulder, chin to chest, then left ear to shoulder. Reverse directions. Repeat a few times. Then take a few rounds of seated Cat/Cow. Bring your hands on to your knees. Inhale, lifting the chest and the gaze. Exhale to round and contract the spine. Repeat.
2. Forward Fold – From seated, bring the left shin in front of the right. Hinging at the hips, fold forward as low as you can get. Getting a nice opening in the left hip and glute. Breathe and soften in to the pose, holding for several breaths. Lift up, switch the cross and repeat the fold. Note that it is normal to feel this more on one side than the other.
3. Low Lunge – Come to tall kneeling. Step your left foot forward, stacking knee over ankle. Melt the hips forward and down. Inhale the arms up overhead, broaden the chest, and shift the gaze up. Hold for a few breaths. Repeat on the other leg.
4. Warrior Flow – Stand at the front of your mat. Leaving the right toes facing forward, step the left foot back and spin the heel down. Bend into the front knee. Open the arms up front to back. Squeeze into the glutes and press the knee open wider. Reverse your Warrior, bringing the left hand down and reaching the right arm up and back. Straighten the front leg. Return to Warrior 2, turn the palms up, bend and squeeze the elbows in.
5. Goddess – Turn to face the side with feet wide. Spin the heels in and toes out slightly. Reach the arms up and out in Star pose. Exhale, bending in to the knees and sinking the hips down in Goddess. Squeezing in to the glutes. Inhale to straighten arms and legs, exhale to bend. Repeat a few times.
Repeat 4 and 5 through on the other side.
6. Butterfly Fold – Lower down to a seat. Bring the soles of the feet together to touch. Open the knees out to the side. Fold forward. Relax over the legs. Make this pose passive, rounding in to the spine.
Practice the 10 minute class these poses come from in the video below.
Yoga with Kassandra – Disclaimer
Please consult with your physician before beginning any exercise program. By participating in this exercise or exercise program, you agree that you do so at your own risk, are voluntarily participating in these activities, assume all risk of injury to yourself, and agree to release and discharge Yoga with Kassandra from any and all claims or causes of action, known or unknown, arising out of Yoga with Kassandra’s negligence.