? ONLINE YIN YOGA TEACHER TRAINING ? Get certified to teach! ❤️http://bit.ly/yinyttinfo
Your body loves a good stretch first thing in the morning! I can’t say enough how big of an improvement I notice when I make time at the start of the day for 5-10 minutes of mobility on my mat.
Whether you’re a beginner brand new to the yoga practice, or have been practicing for years, the following seven poses are a great way to wake up.
Have 1 block handy.
1. Wide-Legged Child’s Pose – Bring the big toes together and take the knees wide as you like. Sink the hips to the heels. Stretch out through your arms and spine. Lowering the forehead to the mat. If you feel any discomfort in the low back, bring the knees closer together. Breathe in and out through the nose. To take stretch more in to the chest and shoulders, press the palms together, bend the elbows and bring the thumbs to the back of the neck.
2. Knee to Nose – Come up to table top, with the hands under the shoulders and knees under the hips. Trace some big circles with the hips – taking them to the right, the back, the left, and forward. Reverse. Find center. Then kick the left heel up towards the sky, Drop the belly and lift the gaze. Exhale, contracting nose to the knee. Repeat this motion with the breath a few times.
3. Low Lunge – Step the left foot between the hands. Press your hips forward and down. Keep the right hand down, and bring the left hand on to the thigh. Look back over the left shoulder. After a few breaths, lower the hand down. Tuck the toes under and step back to downward dog.
Take a Vinyasa flow. Repeat 2 and 3 through on the other side.
4. Warrior 2 – From downward dog, inhale the left foot up to the sky. Bend the knee and open the hip up for a big stretch. Step the left foot forward between the palms at the front of your mat. Spin your right heel down, and toes out to the right. Lift up to Warrior 2, opening arms front to back. Bend in to the front knee, and squeeze the thigh open over the middle toe. As you inhale, straighten the legs and reach the arms up over head. Exhale lowering down to Warrior. Repeat a few times through.
5. Triangle – Straighten the front leg. Send the hips back. Lower the left hand down to the shin or on to a block at its highest setting. Reaching the right hand up to the sky, as you stack the shoulders one over the other.
Repeat 4 and 5 through on the other leg.
6. Forward Fold – Come to a seat, crossing the legs. Bring the right shin on the mat in front of the left one. Walk the fingers forward as you fold down. If it feels good, you might place the block under the head here. After taking several breaths here, lift the torso up.
7. Seated Twist – Bring the left hand on to the right knee, and the right hand back behind you. Inhale to find length, exhale to open the chest to the right side. Taking the gaze over the right shoulder if it feels good. Release.
Switch the cross of the legs and repeat 6 and 7 through.
Prefer to be guided through the full 10 minute practice, press play on the video below.
Yoga with Kassandra – Disclaimer
Please consult with your physician before beginning any exercise program. By participating in this exercise or exercise program, you agree that you do so at your own risk, are voluntarily participating in these activities, assume all risk of injury to yourself, and agree to release and discharge Yoga with Kassandra from any and all claims or causes of action, known or unknown, arising out of Yoga with Kassandra’s negligence.