? ONLINE YIN YOGA TEACHER TRAINING ? Get certified to teach! ❤️http://bit.ly/yinyttinfo
Have you started a morning yoga practice? Starting with just 10 minutes consistently every morning will make such a big difference in your day.
The benefits are endless! Boosted energy, improved mood, increased flexibility, and relief from stiffness to name just a few.
Feel free to let me know in the comments, what perks you see in making yoga a part of your morning routine.
Try these 7 poses in the morning, using one yoga block.
1. Leg Stretch – Settle on to your back, with knees bent and feet flat on the mat. Lift the hips up and slide the block under them on the lowest level. With the hips resting on the block, pull the right knee in to the chest. Extend your left leg out. Taking a big stretch through your inner thighs. Relax your arms and shoulders. As you hug the knee in, take some circles in both directions with the right ankle. Switch legs. Take the block from underneath, lower the hips to the mat.
2. Bridge – Place the block between the upper inner thighs. Squeeze and hold on to the block. Roll your shoulders down and away from your ears. Hug the blocks as you inhale. Exhale, pushing in to the feet and lifting up to bridge. Use the block to prevent your knees from opening up to the sides. Hold at the top for a few breaths, before lowering down bit by bit.
3. Downward Dog – Step back to downward dog. Bringing the hands down shoulder width apart. Taking the feet as wide as your mat. Bend your knees generously, curling the tailbone up and focusing on finding length in your spine. Press the chest towards the thighs, as you draw your low belly in. Walk your feet towards the top of your mat in Ragdoll Fold. Bend your knees and clasp hold of opposite elbows. Sway gently side to side. Nod your head up and down or sway it side to side. Push in to the heels, bend the knees, and roll up to standing.
4. Sun Salutation – Standing at the front of your mat, inhale the arms up overhead. Exhale, hinge forward at the hips, reaching fingers towards the toes. Inhale, hands to the shins, half lift, flat back. Exhale to fold down and plant the palms on the mat. Step back to plank. Inhale, firm up the core. Exhale, bend the elbows and lower down to the mat. Inhale, lift the chest and shine the heart forward in cobra. Exhale, tuck the toes and lift the hips up and back for downward dog.
5. Pyramid Twist – From down dog, kick the right leg up to the sky. Step the foot through between the palms at the top of the mat. Grab hold of your block and lift up into high lunge. Hold on to the edges of the block, reaching it up overhead. Stay strong through the arms, bending the front knee and sinking the hips down. Straighten the front leg, step the left foot in a few inches to drop the heel down. As you inhale, lift and lengthen. As you exhale, hinge at the hips. Bring the right hand to the hip. With the block in the left hand bring it down on its highest level inside of the right foot. Stay here or open in to a twist, rolling the right shoulder back. Optionally, extend the right arm up to the sky. Lower down and step forward.
Repeat 4 and 5 through on the other side.
6. Yogi Squat – Widen the feet towards edges of mat, turn the toes out and heels in. Lower the hips down in to a squat. Bring the elbows inside of the knees, using them to press the legs open further. Lift the chest up and reach the tailbone down.
7. Reclined Twist – Lower down on to your back. Bending the knees and taking the feet to the edges of the mat. Open your arms out towards the sides. Drop both knees to the left. Rolling the right shoulder down and possibly turn your gaze to the right side. If you want to take this stretch deeper, you might cross the bottom ankle over the top knee. Take to the other side.
Prefer to be guided through the full 10 minute practice? Check out the video below.
Please do subscribe to my YouTube channel
☮ Website: http://www.yogawithkassandra.com
☮ Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/kryoga
☮ Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/yoga_with_k…
Yoga with Kassandra – Disclaimer
Please consult with your physician before beginning any exercise program. By participating in this exercise or exercise program, you agree that you do so at your own risk, are voluntarily participating in these activities, assume all risk of injury to yourself, and agree to release and discharge Yoga with Kassandra from any and all claims or causes of action, known or unknown, arising out of Yoga with Kassandra’s negligence.