😍 ONLINE YIN YOGA TEACHER TRAINING 😍 Get certified to teach! ❤️http://bit.ly/yinyttinfo
This sequence is a great way to wake up and stretch the whole body first thing in the morning. As no props are used, you can do it wherever you are.
Simply roll out a mat and get to it.
1. Wide Legged Child’s Pose – Start kneeling, bringing the big toes together to touch and the knees as wide as feels comfortable. Walking the hands forward, lower the forehead to the mat. While also reaching the hips back towards the heels. Relax your chest, shoulders, and neck. Sending the breath in to the belly.
2. Thread the Needle – Come up to table top, with the hands under the shoulders and knees under the hips. Take a few rounds of cat/cow. Inhale to drop the belly, lift the gaze and tailbone. Exhale, to round and contract the spine. Make the motion fluid, adding some circles. Find neutral table top. Then reach the right hand up to the sky. Thread is underneath, lowering down on to the right shoulder and ear. Push in to the left hand. Repeat on the other side.
3. Plank – From kneeling, walk the hands past the shoulders. Then lift the hips up and back in downward dog. Paddling out the feet a bit here. As you inhale, ripple forward in to one long line from head to heels. While holding, bend and tap both knees down to the floor. Repeat this 10 times. Exhale back to downward dog.
4. Easy Twist – Reach your right foot up and back. Bend the right knee and open the hip up. Squeezing in to the glutes. Step your right foot forward between the hands, for Runner’s Lunge. Come up on the fingertips. rocking back and forth here. Then ground the left hand, reach the right arm up in to an easy twist. Stack one hand over the other.
5. Pigeon – bring your right hand back down to the mat, and the right knee behind the right wrist. Stretch the left leg back behind you. Square the pelvis. Stay here, or lower the forehead down to the ground.
Take a vinyasa or simply a downward dog, then repeat 4 and 5 on the other side.
6. Happy Baby – Come to lay on your back. Draw your knees in towards the belly, and out towards the armpits. Bring elbows inside of knees and clasp hold of the outside edge of the feet. Keep kicking the heels up as you drag the thighs parallel to the ground. Add a gentle sway side to side.
7. Reclined Butterfly – Return the feet to the floor. Bring the soles together to touch as you drop the knees out towards the sides. Optionally, extend the arms up overhead. After 5-10 breaths here, extend out by straightening the arms and legs.
Prefer to be walked through a full 10 minute class? Practice with me in the video below.
Yoga with Kassandra – Disclaimer
Please consult with your physician before beginning any exercise program. By participating in this exercise or exercise program, you agree that you do so at your own risk, are voluntarily participating in these activities, assume all risk of injury to yourself, and agree to release and discharge Yoga with Kassandra from any and all claims or causes of action, known or unknown, arising out of Yoga with Kassandra’s negligence.