😍 ONLINE YIN YOGA TEACHER TRAINING 😍 Get certified to teach! ❤️http://bit.ly/yinyttinfo
Most people think that inversions are all about arm strength, but to lift up and stay up requires a lot of core strength.
This sequence will use the FeetUp trainer to strengthen your core, upside down and right side up. It will also work your upper body (as yes, you can’t forget about arms in a handstand either).
1. Sun Salutations – Start with the inversion table at the top of the mat. Coming in to downward facing dog. Grab hold of the sides of the table. Tuck the toes under. Lift the hips up and back. Stretch out, melting the shoulders down. Inhale, forward in to plank. Exhale, to chaturanga with the elbows in. Inhale, to upward facing dog with an open heart. Exhale, back to downward dog pushing in to the heels. Repeat two more times.
2. Mountain Climbers – Ripple forward in to plank, with the hips low. Inhale the right knee to the outside of your right arm. Exhale it back. Inhale left knee to left arm. Do this 10 times through on each side. Take a breath back in downward dog.
3. Plank – Return to plank in a diagonal line. Keep the back of the head lifted up. Holding here, lift the right foot a few inches off of the ground. Exhale, drawing the knee to the center of the chest. Inhale it back, holding the foot off the floor. Then lower toes. Repeat on the left side.
4. Headstand Pike – Bring the trainer, to the center of the mat. Grip the sides of the table. Place your shoulders on the top of the pads. Getting as comfortable as you can here. Tuck your toes and walk them in. Grip the table, and use the core to lift the legs up in to a headstand. As you exhale, send the hips back and tap the toes to the floor. Inhale them back up. Do 5 of these toe taps.
5. Headstand Leg Circles – From headstand take the feet wide in a straddle. Send the legs down, parallel to the floor. Bring the legs back together. Lift them up through center. Do a few of these leg circles. Then lower down and release out of the trainer.
6. Puppy Pose – Kneeling in front of the trainer, bring your elbows to the pads. Press the palms together. Melt the head and the heart in the center of the prop. Bend the elbows and bring the thumbs to the back of the head.
7. L Sit – Move the table back towards the top of the mat. Turn away from the table, holding the wooden sides. Extend the legs in front of you. Inhale, press and lift the hips up as high as you can. As you exhale, lower the hips, sweep them back, and see if you can lift the feet up off of the floor. Repeat this through a few times. Sit down on the table, fold forward, relaxing and resting.
A bit confused about how to do each of these drills? Watch them all in the video below.
Yoga with Kassandra – Disclaimer
Please consult with your physician before beginning any exercise program. By participating in this exercise or exercise program, you agree that you do so at your own risk, are voluntarily participating in these activities, assume all risk of injury to yourself, and agree to release and discharge Yoga with Kassandra from any and all claims or causes of action, known or unknown, arising out of Yoga with Kassandra’s negligence.