😍 ONLINE YIN YOGA TEACHER TRAINING 😍 Get certified to teach! ❤️http://bit.ly/yinyttinfo
When you wake up in the morning do you feel like you just need to get moving in order to work out the kinks from the night? Without wasting any more time, roll out your mat and try these 6 poses in just about 10 minutes.
1. Wide-Legged Child’s Pose Variation – Come to kneeling, bring the big toes together and take the knees wide. Reach your left arm underneath and towards the right. Lowering down on to the left shoulder and ear in a thread the needle variation. Leave the right palm pushing in the floor, extend it up overhead, or bring the hand on to your low back. Let your hips rest to the heels. Breathe in and out through the nose. While holding here for a few deep breaths, notice where any tension is held. Ease out and switch to the other side.
2. Spine – Take a few rounds of cat/cow to start. Inhale to drop the belly and lift the gaze. Exhale to round and contract the spine. Return to neutral table top. Then walk the hands forward, as you bring your forehead down to the mat. Relax your chest to the floor. Stretching out the arms and the back. Keep your palms and forearms as they are, slide forward on to the belly. Lift the heart up to come into a Sphinx back bend.
3. Side Body – Make your way to downward dog, sending the hips up and back. Pedal out the feet, bending one knee and pushing the opposite heel down. After a few rounds, drop the left knee and shin down to the mat. Roll to the inner edge of the right foot, push in to the left palm, and lift the right hand up to the sky. In your modified side plank, you may turn the gaze up to the top hand. To take this up a notch, power up the right leg to lift it up off the floor at hip height. Squeezing in to the glutes. To take it up a notch further, find a bind. Bending the right knee and reaching the right hand back to grab the foot. Press your foot in to your palm. Keep the knee and foot at hip height here. Release the leg, bringing the right toes back down to the floor, along with your right hand.
4. Side Plank – Tuck the right toes under, squeeze and pick up your left knee. Step the left foot forward between the palms. Drop your right knee to the floor. As you inhale, reach the arms up towards the sky. Press your hips forward and down. Exhale, release the hands down, tuck your toes under, and lift the right knee off the mat. Keep the right palm down, as you lift the left hand up coming in to an easy twist. Stay here, or transition in to full side plank by extending left leg back and stacking on top. Reach the left arm up and over. Push in to the feet and lift the hips higher. Bring the left hand down to the floor.
Take a vinyasa, then repeat 3 and 4 through on the other side.
5. Butterfly Fold – Come to a seat, swinging your legs out in front of you. Bring the soles together as you drop the knees out to the side. Hold your feet if you like. Inhale to find some length, exhale to fold down. Relax your shoulders, hips and neck. Take a moment to think of a one word intention for how you want to feel today.
6. Straddle Fold – Extend the legs out to the sides. Open the arms wide as well. Pulse side to side, lengthening out. After a few rounds take this in to a full side body bend to one side. Letting your forearm come down to the leg and reaching the opposite arm up and over. Think of rolling the top shoulder up and back. After a few breaths, drop the top shoulder down and fold forward towards the shin. Repeat on the other side. Finally, come to center, and fold passively straight forward.
Prefer to be taken through this 10 minutes class step by step, practice along to the video below.
Yoga with Kassandra – Disclaimer
Please consult with your physician before beginning any exercise program. By participating in this exercise or exercise program, you agree that you do so at your own risk, are voluntarily participating in these activities, assume all risk of injury to yourself, and agree to release and discharge Yoga with Kassandra from any and all claims or causes of action, known or unknown, arising out of Yoga with Kassandra’s negligence.