? ONLINE YIN YOGA TEACHER TRAINING ? Get certified to teach! ❤️http://bit.ly/yinyttinfo
If you have been feeling stiff in the hips these 7 poses will be your new go to. They will also work the areas of the low body which support the hips (the glutes, thighs, quads, and hamstrings).
1. Wide-Legged Child’s Pose – Bring the big toes together, and take the knees as wide as you can. Sink the hips to the heels. Walk your hands forward. Rest the forehead down to the mat (or on the palms, or stacked fists). Let your belly relax. Send the breath in to the area where you most feel sensation in this pose.
2. Low Lunge – From table top, step your right foot to the outer edge of right hand. Curl your right toes up and roll on to the outer edge of your right foot. Press your knee open, and the hips down and forwards. Bring the foot to the center, push in to the legs and lift your hands up. Clasp left wrist with the right hand. Inhale and find height, exhale bending to the right in a side body stretch. Bring the hands down to the ground, and step the right leg back.
3. Cow Face – From table top, bring the left toes toward the right. Cross your right knee behind the left one. Widen the feet, and lower the hips down between them. Your left knee is now stacked over the right. Bring your arms in front of you, loop left elbow under the right. Stay seated, or hinge forward from the hips. Hold for 5 deep breaths.
Repeat 2 and 3 on the other side.
4. Wide Legged – Come to standing, turn to the long edge of the mat and take your feet wide. Turn the toes out and the heels in slightly. Reach your arms up and out in a star. As you exhale, bend the knees and the elbows. Squeeze the glutes to push the knees wider. Squeeze your shoulder blades. Bring hands to the thighs. Drop your right shoulder forward, and draw the left shoulder back, coming in to a little twist. Repeat on the other side. Return to center.
5. Skondasana – Bend the right knee, while straightening the left leg. Sink your hips down as low as you can. Flex the foot, lifting the toes and leaving the heel down. Start to bend in to the left leg and straighten the right, as you walk your hands and hips to the other end of the mat. Alternate between the sides for a few rounds.
6. Warrior – From wide legged stance, turn the left toes to point to the front of the mat. Bend in to your front knee in Warrior 2 legs. Take in to extended side angle, by bringing the left forearm to the thigh or the fingers down inside of the foot. Extend the right arm up and over, hugging the bicep to the ear. Push in to the feet to lift up. Reverse your Warrior, flipping the palms up. Bring the right hand down to the back leg and left hand up to the sky. Switch sides.
7. Pigeon – Come to downward dog. Reach your right leg up to the sky. Bend your right knee to open up the hip. Bring your right knee forward to behind the right wrist. Stretch the left leg back behind you. Level out your pelvis, folding down into sleeping Pigeon. Take 5 slow steady breaths here. Lifting up, bend your back knee and pull the foot in for a quad stretch. Return to down dog and repeat on other side.
Prefer to be guided by me visually, and audibly? Press play on the video below.
Yoga with Kassandra – Disclaimer
Please consult with your physician before beginning any exercise program. By participating in this exercise or exercise program, you agree that you do so at your own risk, are voluntarily participating in these activities, assume all risk of injury to yourself, and agree to release and discharge Yoga with Kassandra from any and all claims or causes of action, known or unknown, arising out of Yoga with Kassandra’s negligence.