? ONLINE YIN YOGA TEACHER TRAINING ? Get certified to teach! ❤️http://bit.ly/yinyttinfo
So you’ve just rolled out of bed, and you’re feeling all the stiffness of your slumber. Along with the urge to stay put and sleep some more. Slink on to your mat, and try these 7 poses to boost your energy and stretch it out in the morning.
No props needed. Just roll out your mat and go for it.
1. Reclined – Lay down on your back, drawing your knees in to your chest. Stay still or rock gently side to side, massaging your low back out. Bring your feet to the mat, keeping knees bent. Cross the right ankle over your left thigh. Flex the right foot. Stay here, or reach through with your arms to hug your knees in to the chest. Keep the head and neck relaxed. Return your left foot to the floor, and stretch the right leg up to the sky, holding the back of the thigh or calf. Flex and point the foot a few times. Then switch sides.
2. Bridge – With both feet on the floor, and knees bent. Push the heels in to the floor and lift up in to bridge. Squeeze your inner thighs together, and your knees over your ankles. Dig down through the heels to lift the hips higher, as you roll your shoulders under. Hold for a few breaths. Exhale, to slowly roll down.
3. Forward Fold – Come to a seat. Bringing the right shin in front of the left. Hinge forward from the hips, lengthening out the spine. Walk the fingertips forward, keeping the elbows lifted.
4. Seated Twist – Lift out of the forward fold. Bring your right hand to left knee, and the left hand back behind you. Inhale to lengthen, exhale to open the chest to the left and gaze back over your left shoulder. Lifting and lengthening with each breath.
Repeat 3 and 4 with the opposite cross of the legs, and twisting to the right.
5. Easy Twist – Come in to downward dog. Kick your right leg up to the sky, bending the knee and opening up the hip to get a big side body stretch. Step your right foot through between the hands. Keeping the left hand down, open the right arm up to the sky, twisting the chest to the right. Lower your hand back down.
6. Standing Pigeon – Push in to the feet, and lift the hands to the heart. Standing on the right leg, step the left foot forward. Crossing the ankle over the right knee. Start to bend into the standing leg, sending your hips back, and leaning the chest forward.
Repeat 5 and 6 on the other side.
7. Standing Forward Fold – With your feet hip width apart, interlace your fingers behind your back. Take a little back bend to start. Then hinge at the hips, folding forward as you lift your hands up to the sky. Soften your knees and lift the knuckles up and over.
Prefer visual and audio cueing? Practice along with me in the video below.
Yoga with Kassandra – Disclaimer
Please consult with your physician before beginning any exercise program. By participating in this exercise or exercise program, you agree that you do so at your own risk, are voluntarily participating in these activities, assume all risk of injury to yourself, and agree to release and discharge Yoga with Kassandra from any and all claims or causes of action, known or unknown, arising out of Yoga with Kassandra’s negligence.