? 7 FULL LENGHT YIN YOGA CLASSES ?
Click to start and to watch the first video! ❤️
These 7 poses are a great fast way to give your entire body a beautiful stretch when you only have a few minutes.
Let’s not waste any more time, have 2 blocks handy and get straight to your mat. If you prefer watching a video, scroll to the bottom and click to play!
1. Child’s Pose – From kneeling, bring the big toes together and take the knees as wide as comfortable. Walk the hands over to the left side of your mat. Extend the arms out and melt down. Rest the forehead to the mat. Push the hips back towards the heels. Take 5 or so breaths here. Then repeat to the right side.
2. Thread the Needle – Come to table top, with wrists under the shoulders and knees under the hips. Reach your right arm up to the sky, opening the chest to the right. As you exhale, thread the arm behind the left hand. Coming down on to the right ear and shoulder. Bringing a block underneath the head if it feels better. Push in to your left palm to deepen the twist. After a few breaths, switch sides.
3. Toe Stretch – Curl your toes underneath and sit back on the heels. Extend the arms up overhead. Make big circles with the arms. After a few rounds, switch directions.
4. Pyramid – Bring the blocks towards the front of your mat, on the highest level. Curl your toes under, and lift the hips up and back for downward dog. Extend your right leg up, bend the knee and open the hip up. After a few breaths, step your right foot to the front of the mat. Bring your hands on to the blocks, bringing them closer if needed. As you inhale drop the hips down. With your exhale, straighten the front leg and fold over. Take a few rounds of this, bending on inhale and straightening with exhale.
5. Warrior – Bending back in to the right knee, spin your left toes out to the side and bring heel down. Lift up in to Warrior 2, extending the arms out front to back. Gazing over the front fingers. Flip the palms up and reverse your Warrior, reaching right hand up and lowering the left hand down. Next, bring your right arm to the thigh, block or ground. Sweep the left arm up and over for Extended Side Angle. Circle left hand down, lift left heel and tuck the toes under. Drop back knee to the mat, and untuck your toes. With both hands inside of the right foot, melt the hips down and forward in Lizard. Maybe lower to the forearms or blocks. Hold for 5 breaths.
Repeat 4 and 5 on other side.
6. Back Bend – Lower down to the belly. Pushing in to the palms, keep the elbows in at the sides. Think of pulling the heart forward as you lift to cobra. Exhale to lower back down. Take a few rounds. Push up to table top. With hips over the knees, walk the hands out front and melt forehead down for Puppy. Return to table top after a few breaths. Kick right heel up to sky. Drop the belly and lift the gaze for a back bend. To take this further, reach the left hand back to clasp hold of the inside of the right foot. Pushing the foot in to the palm, lift the heart up. After holding here, gently release. Contract and round the spine in Cat. Then repeat on the other side.
7. Side Stretch – Come to a seat. Bring your right foot in and extend the left leg out in a straddle. Drop the right knee out to the side. Slide the left hand down the leg, and reach your right arm up and over in the side bend. Inhale back up, planting the right hand down beside you. Swing your left arm up and over, as you lift the hips up. Exhale, lowering down. Take a gentle twist towards the left leg, then fold forward. Repeat on the right leg.
PIN FOR LATER
Don’t forget to subscribe to my YouTube channel to see new videos
☮ Website: http://www.yogawithkassandra.com
☮ Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/kryoga
☮ Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/yoga_with_k…
Yoga with Kassandra – Disclaimer
Please consult with your physician before beginning any exercise program. By participating in this exercise or exercise program, you agree that you do so at your own risk, are voluntarily participating in these activities, assume all risk of injury to yourself, and agree to release and discharge Yoga with Kassandra from any and all claims or causes of action, known or unknown, arising out of Yoga with Kassandra’s negligence.