😍 ONLINE YIN YOGA TEACHER TRAINING 😍 Get certified to teach! ❤️ http://bit.ly/yinyttinfo
Before you start your day today (or tomorrow), take 5 minutes to do these 6 stretches – right there in bed!
These stretches will help to start your day on a positive note and to boost your energy – no coffee needed.
As you do these stretches, think about how you want to start your day and set your intention.
1. Neck Rolls – Sit tall and cross legged in the middle of your bed. Take some semi circles with the neck. Drop the chin towards the chest, and then up to one side. Bring the chin back to the chest, and then take it to the other side. Take it nice and slow, inhaling and exhaling through the nose. You may notice tension here left over from the night before. Repeat a few times.
2. Side Bend – Let one hand come down to your side, then reach the other up and over. As you are waking up, you don’t need to take this side bend too deep. Take a few rounds on each side.
3. Seated Twist – Switch the cross of your legs. Bring the right hand to the left knee, opening your chest to the left side. Continue finding more length through your spine and right up through the crown of the head. As you exhale, take the twist deeper in to the torso. Return to center. Crawl your hands in front of you, folding over the legs. Then switch sides.
4. Cat/Cow – Come to sit on the edge of your bed, so that the balls of your feet (or full sole) touches the ground. Rest your hands on to the thighs. As you inhale, open up the chest and squeeze your shoulder blades together behind you. As you exhale, round and contract the spine. Tucking the chin towards the chest. Repeat a few times through. Keep in mind that you might not have too much range of motion just yet this early in your day. Interlace your fingers together, reach the palms up to the ceiling and take a big stretch.
5. Leg Stretch – Draw the right knee in towards the chest. Keeping the hips as close to the edge of the bed as you feel supported, start to roll all the way back to lay on the bed. Leave the left foot on the ground at the side of the bed. To take the stretch further, you can bend the left knee and tuck the toes underneath the bed. Do some ankle rolls with the right foot. Take your grip to the back of the right thigh, then push your leg into your hands to help you curl back up to seated. Then repeat on the left.
6. Forward Fold – Stay on the edge of the bed, then begin to fold over your legs. Like a ragdoll forward fold, keep the knees bent and let the belly draw towards the thighs. Release your head and neck. Take a few rounds of breath here. Then start to walk the hands back up the legs to come to seated.
If you would prefer to be guided through these stretches, press play on the short video below.
Yoga with Kassandra – Disclaimer
Please consult with your physician before beginning any exercise program. By participating in this exercise or exercise program, you agree that you do so at your own risk, are voluntarily participating in these activities, assume all risk of injury to yourself, and agree to release and discharge Yoga with Kassandra from any and all claims or causes of action, known or unknown, arising out of Yoga with Kassandra’s negligence.