Many of you here are advanced practitioners or even yoga teachers yourself. You don’t want to listen to someone talk the whole time, you already know the cues. But, you want a fresh flow to keep things from getting stale on the mat and falling in to your same old routine.
For that I bring you another one of my minimal cues yoga classes. The following simply outlines the poses used in this 35 minute practice. No bells, no whistles, no alignment cues.
This is an intermediate practice when it comes to poses, but it is more advanced in needing to know the proper alignment all on your own.
The full flow on YouTube walks you through with simply the names of the poses. If you do want the visual cues you can head over there.
Take this list to practice anywhere you go.
1. Warm Up Sequence – Reclined Butterfly, 5 breaths. Right knee to chest. Twist. Center. Extend. Left knee to chest. Twist. Center. Extend. Bridge Pose. Roll up to table. Cat/Cow. Downward Dog.
2. First Standing Sequence – Right Side Three-Legged Dog, with a bent knee. Knee to Nose. Hold. Low Lunge. Left Hand to Thigh. Twist. Half Splits. Skandasana. Walk to the left. Pulse between sides. Wide-Legged Forward Fold. Warrior 2 to right. Reverse Warrior. Extended Side Angle. Easy Twist. Vinyasa.
Repeat through on the left side.
3. Second Standing Sequence – Three-Legged Dog, right leg up straight. Knee to Chest. Hold. Low Lunge, arms up. Reverse. Left hand to right thigh, twist to right. Half Splits. Standing Splits. High Lunge. Tilt Forward. Wide-Legged Forward Fold, facing to left side of mat. Clasp the palms, knuckles up and over. Release and come up to Warrior 2 on the right side. Reverse Warrior. Extended Side Angle, with optional bind. Easy Twist. Side Plank. Vinyasa
Repeat on the other side.
4. Inner Fire Sequence – Child’s Pose (5 breaths). Downward Dog. Ragdoll Fold. Roll Up. Tree Pose, right foot lifts. Chair Pose. Boat Pose. Low Boat. Release down to ground. Bridge Pose, right leg rises. Lower leg and release down to laying flat on back. Right leg extends up to sky, left leg extends straight. Reclined Shoelace Pose. Vinyasa.
Repeat on the other side.
5. Ground Sequence – Downward Dog, right leg rises. Pigeon Pose. Downward Dog, left leg rises. Pigeon Pose. Downward Dog. Lower down on to back. Happy Baby. Laying Spinal Twist. Switch sides.
6. Savasana – Followed by a seated meditation, and a closing chant.
Prefer to see the visual cues, watch the full video below.
Yoga with Kassandra – Disclaimer
Please consult with your physician before beginning any exercise program. By participating in this exercise or exercise program, you agree that you do so at your own risk, are voluntarily participating in these activities, assume all risk of injury to yourself, and agree to release and discharge Yoga with Kassandra from any and all claims or causes of action, known or unknown, arising out of Yoga with Kassandra’s negligence.