If you are anything like me, you may find yourself doing a lot of online yoga classes and wishing that every once in a while you could do a class without so much instruction. Just be guided through a sequence by the names of the poses, and spend the rest of the time with your own thoughts and breath.
The latest class on my YouTube channel, Minimal Cues Yoga Class for Yoga Teachers, is exactly that.
This is a full body flow, and no props are necessary.
If you want to do the practice without any talking interrupting your thoughts, I’ve written out the poses (with just a couple words of guidance) for the full 30 minute practice below.
Move through the following at your own pace, with a suggested 3-5 deep breaths in each posture.
1. Cat/Cow – moving in whichever variation feels good to you
2. Low lunge – right foot forward, arms rise
3. Half splits – hands down and shift hips back
4. Easy twist – bend into front knee, right arms and left knee rise up
5. Plank – lower hand and step front foot back
7. Cobra – lower down and inhale chest up
8. Kneeling fingertips reach ground behind you, squeeze shoulders back and open the chest up
* Come to table top and repeat 2-8 on other side, starting with left foot forward for low lunge
9. Three-legged dog – right leg rises, bend your knee
10. Low lunge – step right foot to front, lifting hands
11. High lunge – tuck toes and lift left knee
12. Tilt torso forward – hold in one long line from toes to fingertips
13. Warrior 2 – opening to left side
14. Reverse warrior – flip palms up, front arm reaches up, back arm comes to back thigh
15. Extended side angle – front arm to front thigh, back arm reaches over towards front
16. Easy twist – bring left hand down and right arm up
17. Side plank – step right leg back to join left
* Repeat 9-18 the opposite way, starting with left leg rising in three-legged dog
19. Three-legged dog – right leg rises
20. Knee to nose – exhale as you shift forward, repeat x3
21. Warrior 2 – stepping right foot forward
22. Humble warrior – clasp hands behind you and dive forward
23. Warrior 2
24. Triangle – straighten front leg, right hand comes down as left rises
25. Pyramid – squaring hips to front as you fold over front leg
26. Standing splits – reach left foot to the sky
27. Side plank tree pose – extend left leg behind you, right foot comes inside left thigh, right hand reaches up and forward
28. Wild thing – step right foot behind you and open chest to the sky
* Take 19-29 starting with the left leg rising in three-legged dog
30. Head to knee pose – come to a seat, extend right leg, left foot to inner right thigh, fold forward
31. Baby wild thing – left hand back, right arm up, hips lift
32. Extended leg lift – bend right knee, grab left foot, and work to straighten leg upwards
33. Cow face pose – right knee stacked over left, right arm under left, fold forward
* Repeat 30-33 with the opposite orientation
34. Reverse table top – hands behind, feet planted, lift hips
35. Lift – cross the ankles, hands at sides, try to lift the sit bones off the ground
36. Reverse plank – hands behind, legs extend, hips lift
36. Lift – cross opposite ankles, hands at sides, try to lift the sit bones off the ground
37. Lying spinal twist – knees to left, right shoulder pinned to ground
37. Lying spinal twist – knees to right, left shoulder pinned to ground
38. Savasana – a few minutes in this final resting pose
If you were confused about any of the poses above, try practicing it once with me in the video below and then use the list for next time.
✔ GET A FREE AUDIOBOOK – http://bit.ly/audibleywk
❤ Your donations help me improve my channel and the quality of my videos, thank you! http://bit.ly/ywkdonate
Yoga with Kassandra – Disclaimer
Please consult with your physician before beginning any exercise program. By participating in this exercise or exercise program, you agree that you do so at your own risk, are voluntarily participating in these activities, assume all risk of injury to yourself, and agree to release and discharge Yoga with Kassandra from any and all claims or causes of action, known or unknown, arising out of Yoga with Kassandra’s negligence.