I know you don’t always have time to fit in a regular practice. Trust me, I have those days too. But when it comes to your yoga practice, consistency is incredibly important. And for those times I love to create quick and easy flows that you can squeeze in, and walk away from feeling the benefits of getting on your mat (or whatever surface you have available).
These 7 standing poses and sequences will focus on your glutes, as well as your balance. You will not need any props for this practice, you don’t even necessarily need a mat.
The following comes from my Glutes & Balance Beach Yoga Flow.
Without taking up any more precious time, let’s get moving!
1. Rag Doll Fold – Beginning at the front of your mat in mountain pose. Inhale the arms up overhead, exhale to fold forward. Bend the knees as deep as needed as you wake the body up. Clasp opposite elbows and sway side to side.
2. Chair Pose with Optional Twist – From standing, bring the big toes together, and heels apart. Hands come together at the heart. Rock your weight back into the heels as you find a deep bend in the knees. The pelvis lifts as the tail tucks. To incorporate some flow, inhale the arms up over head, exhale folding to the thighs and sweeping the arms back at the sides. After a few rounds of this, bring the hands back to heart center, then hook the left elbow over the right knee to take a twist. Keep the shoulders away from the ears and make sure the knees stay in line with one another. To deepen further, extend the arms up and down in this chair twist. Returning to center, repeat this to the other side.
3. Crescent Lunge – Returning the hands to the heart and facing forward in chair pose, try to pick up the left foot. Step it back, bringing the toes down and keeping the heel lifted. Inhale the chest up, hips face forward, and sink deeper into the lunge. Inhale the arms up to the sky and open through the chest. Exhale to hinge over the thigh, bringing the arms down to the sides. With each inhale rise up, and each exhale tilt to the diagonal.
4. Warrior 3 – While hinged forward in the lunge, lift the back toes from the ground and bring your hands back to the heart. Keep the left hip down. Bend the supporting leg to drop the hips. Then press the supporting leg to straighten and lift.
Repeat 3 and 4 on the other leg before moving on.
5. Eagle Pose – Returning to mountain pose, bring the hands to the heart. Lift the left leg and wrap it around the standing leg. Bend the knees as if in chair. Bend the elbows in front of you, swing the right arm underneath the left to bind. Drop the tailbone towards the ground, lifting the pelvis.
6. Standing Splits – From Eagle, transition the left leg back into first Warrior 3. Bring the hands to the ground. Reach the left leg up to the sky. With each inhale the left leg reaches high into the standing splits. And on your exhale tuck in, bending the knees and bringing them together (but keeping the toes of the left leg lifted).
7. Standing Twist – Return to Mountain Pose, and hug the left knee into the chest. Grab the left knee with the right hand. Reach the left arm back, opening to the side. The twist comes only through the chest and shoulders. To challenge yourself further, gaze at the back hand.
Repeat steps 5 through 7 on the right leg.
Want to practice with me on the beach? Check out the video below
Thanks for flowing with me,
✔ GET A FREE AUDIOBOOK – http://bit.ly/audibleywk
❤ Your donations help me improve my channel and the quality of my videos, thank you! http://bit.ly/ywkdonate
Yoga with Kassandra – Disclaimer
Please consult with your physician before beginning any exercise program. By participating in this exercise or exercise program, you agree that you do so at your own risk, are voluntarily participating in these activities, assume all risk of injury to yourself, and agree to release and discharge Yoga with Kassandra from any and all claims or causes of action, known or unknown, arising out of Yoga with Kassandra’s negligence.