SIGN UP FOR MY **FREE** 7 DAY YIN YOGA IMMERSION PROGRAM TO IMPROVE FLEXIBILITY!
When you’re short on time and/or on vacation do you A) opt to skip your yoga practice or B) stop, drop and yoga, quickly squeezing in a short flow? I believe consistency is key and 15 minutes is better than nothing when you don’t have time for a full class!
That’s why I took the opportunity where and when I had it to run through a quick practice in Florida recently. One MAJOR bonus of #SDY is the gorgeous views that can come with fitting movement in wherever you are.
Lucky for you, I had my camera with me and was able to film it for you. It’s shared over on my YouTube channel in its complete (yet short) form. If you head over there, don’t forget to subscribe.
No props, or even necessarily a yoga mat, required. Just wear something you can move in and you’re good to go.
1. Malasana (Yogi Squat) – Turn your heels in and toes out. Sink the hips down low, it’s not necessary to get the heels all the way to the ground. Use your elbows to press the knees open wider. Let the hips sink down and lengthen out of your low back. Take a moment to connect to your breath here before you start to flow.
2. Ragdoll Fold – Take the feet wider (at least than the hips). Straighten the legs as you stand, you can keep the knees bent. Hinge forward, relaxing the upper back, shoulders, neck and head. Clasp opposite elbows, and rock gently side to side.
3. Goddess Pose Sequence – Keep the feet wide and toes out as you come to stand, bringing the hands to the thighs. Bend into the knees and sink the hips, finding goddess pose. Drop the right shoulder down and pull the left shoulder back to take a quick twist. Then switch sides. Return to the center, interlacing the fingers in front of you and reaching the arms up over head. Squeeze the glutes to press the knees open wider and sink deeper. Release the hands, and interlace the fingers behind the back, straightening the legs as you extend the arms behind you, and coming into a forward fold.
4. Low Lunge – Make your way into downward dog to start. From there step the right foot through between your hands and drop the left knee to the mat (or sand). Align the right knee with the right ankle. Bring the hands to the hips. Ground the tailbone down and lengthen the spine. If accessible, take a quad stretch by bending the back knee and reaching back to clasp the foot with the hands. Rise up, opening the heart, meanwhile keeping the core engaged.
5. Warrior Sequence – Lift the back knee up, spinning the back heel down to the ground and toes open towards the side. Bend into the front knee, pressing it open so it stays in line with the middle toes. Arms extend long front to back into Warrior 2. Flip the palms toward the sky, and reverse your warrior by reaching the front hand up and over. Return to Warrior 2. Interlace the fingers behind the back and hinge forward inside of the front thigh. Reach the fingers skyward coming into Humble Warrior. Relax the head, neck and shoulders as you hold here.
6. Gecko Pose – Return to your low lunge, but step the right foot to the outside of the right hand. Drop the right knee out to the side. If it is okay to do so, you may opt to come down onto the forearms here, or simply stay up on palms. Melt the hips forward and down. Again here there is the option to take a quad stretch, by reaching the right hand back to clasp hold of the left foot as it kicks upward. If you have hold of the back foot, pull the heel in towards the glutes.
Repeat 4 through 6 on the opposite side.
I suggest following these poses/sequences up with a vinyasa flow of your choice, a wide-legged child’s pose, and/or a reclined spinal twist, and of course savasana.
Want to practice with me and pretend you’re right there on the beach? Click the video below.
☾ LUNAR YOGA FOR WOMEN ☽ http://bit.ly/lunaryoga
? FREE 7 Day Yin Yoga Immersion ? http://bit.ly/yinimmersion
☮ Website: http://www.yogawithkassandra.com
☮ Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/kryoga
☮ Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/yoga_with_k…
✔ GET A FREE AUDIOBOOK – http://bit.ly/audibleywk
❤ Your donations help me improve my channel and the quality of my videos, thank you! http://bit.ly/ywkdonate
Yoga with Kassandra – Disclaimer
Please consult with your physician before beginning any exercise program. By participating in this exercise or exercise program, you agree that you do so at your own risk, are voluntarily participating in these activities, assume all risk of injury to yourself, and agree to release and discharge Yoga with Kassandra from any and all claims or causes of action, known or unknown, arising out of Yoga with Kassandra’s negligence.