This pasta salad is creamy, filling and super simple to make! I served it warm but it can be left in the fridge to cool if you prefer to eat it cold. It is vegetarian but can be made vegan by using a different dressing.
- Penne Pasta (2 cups uncooked)
- Romaine Lettuce (1 jumbo head, diced)
- Brown Lentils (1/2 can, drained and washed)
- Green beans (1 handful)
- Broccoli (1 cups, chopped)
- Potatoes (2 cups, small)
- White Button Mushrooms (1 cup, diced)
- Carrots (1 cup, shredded)
- Garlic (2 cloves, minced)
- Nutritional Yeast (2 tbsp)
- Olive Oil (2 tbsp)
- Caesar dressing (optional, switch to other dressing if vegan)
- White wine (just a splash)
- salt and pepper to taste
- Boil water with salt to cook the penne
- Boil another pot of water for the potatoes
- Chop and cut all of your vegetables, set aside
- Add olive oil to a pan on medium heat, throw in your garlic for about 3 minutes.
- Add green beans, broccoli, carrots and white wint (just a splash). Cook for about 10 minutes (I like to cover my vegetables to steam them and add a bit of water every few minutes so the veggies don’t stick)
- When the vegetables are almost done, throw in your lentils and season to taste.
- Drain your potatoes and penne pasta and combine in a bowl with the romaine lettuce.
- Add in all other vegetables and drizzle with caesar dressing and nutritional yeast
- Eat! 🙂
Yoga with Kassandra – Disclaimer
Please consult with your physician before beginning any exercise program. By participating in this exercise or exercise program, you agree that you do so at your own risk, are voluntarily participating in these activities, assume all risk of injury to yourself, and agree to release and discharge Yoga with Kassandra from any and all claims or causes of action, known or unknown, arising out of Yoga with Kassandra’s negligence.