I made some vegan burritos the other day and they turned out really tasty so I thought I’d share the recipe!
Vegan Burritos & Homemade Taco Sauce
Makes 6 burritos
Ingredients for Burritos:
- 6 whole grain wraps
- 1/2 can of lentils
- 1/2 zuccini
- 1 cup shredded carrots
- 1 cup chopped onion
- 1 bell pepper, chopped
- 1/2 eggplant, chopped
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- couscous (we buy the Casbah boxes, they’re amazing!)
Directions for Burritos
- Chop all vegetables (we chopped everything finely except for the zuccini)
- Over medium heat, fry the onions and eggplant in a bit of oil for about 5-7 minutes (add water if you are concerned about oil intake)
- Add in the other vegetables, lower your heat a bit and cover your pan. Fry for another 10 minutes or so, perfect time to prepare your taco sauce.
- Add in lentils to the vegetables to fry for about 2-3 minutes.
- Make cousous by boiling water and adding in the cousous. Reduce the heat to low and cover it. It will be ready in 5 minutes so remember to check it!
Ingredients for Taco Sauce:
- 2 tbsp tomato paste
- 1 tbsp maple syrup
- 1 tbsp white wine vinegar
- 2 tbsp water
- 2 tbsp ketchup
- 1 tsp cumin
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- 1 tsp paprika
- 1 tsp oregano
Directions for Taco Sauce
- Add add ingredients to small pot over low heat
- Stir frequently for about 5 minutes until achieving the desired consistency
Have a wonderful weekend!
Yoga with Kassandra – Disclaimer
Please consult with your physician before beginning any exercise program. By participating in this exercise or exercise program, you agree that you do so at your own risk, are voluntarily participating in these activities, assume all risk of injury to yourself, and agree to release and discharge Yoga with Kassandra from any and all claims or causes of action, known or unknown, arising out of Yoga with Kassandra’s negligence.