Gnocci is one of my biggest guilty pleasures! It’s soft, filling and absolutely delicious. It’s actually very simple to make but it does require a lot of time.
- 3 large sweet potatoes
- 2 to 2.5 cups of flour (whole wheat)
- 1 cup ricotta cheese
- 1/4 cup of butter
- 1 tsp nutmeg
- sage (handful, to taste)
- salt and pepper
- Poke holes in the sweet potatoes and microwave for about 12 minutes, turning them over halfway. When done, cut them open in half and set aside to cool.
- Once they are cooled, scoop all of the potato out into a bowl. Mix in ricotta cheese, nutmeg and salt and pepper until integrated.
- Start adding the flour, 1/2 a cup at a time. You want the dough to be soft but not too sticky.
- Flour your work surface generously and divide your dough into 6 parts.
- Roll each part into a 20 inch or so long rope. Cut into 1 1/2 inch pieces.
- Set water to boil and slowly drop in the gnocci, about 20 at a time. When they float up, remove them from the water
- Heat up a large skillet with butter and sage add the boiled gnocci to the pan, frying to about 5 minutes.
- Repeat steps 6 and 7 until you have cooked all the gnocci.
- Serve and enjoy!
Yoga with Kassandra – Disclaimer
Please consult with your physician before beginning any exercise program. By participating in this exercise or exercise program, you agree that you do so at your own risk, are voluntarily participating in these activities, assume all risk of injury to yourself, and agree to release and discharge Yoga with Kassandra from any and all claims or causes of action, known or unknown, arising out of Yoga with Kassandra’s negligence.